Friday 5 January 2007

wonder what happened to winter?


It's been raining on and off all day. It's grey, its murky, but it is warm.
It is a sweater day.
I am wearing my cozy green zip up.

I'm touring around, getting some school work done, gonna go to the pool too.
I'm easily distracted today.
Watching people walk by makes being productive difficult.

I feel better, maybe a little mellow but better. Not as desperate and hopeless.

Snow. That is what is missing from this picture.
The slimy looking mud, puddles, dead leaves and half green grass... are all lacking the magic of snow. The twinkling like little stars on earth when the moon or a good white street light hit the crystals. That's winter, what it is all about. It softens all the hard, imposing lines of the buildings, walls, even the trees with their pointy-ended branches.

I am ready for winter.
I like the temperature today, but I am really ready for winter.

When I get home tonight it can snow. (even if it doesn't want to).

No comments: