Thursday 18 January 2007

past, present and future tests...

Ya, it sounds like the Mental Health Act and those are actually tests... but this has more to do with looking at who i was when i started say highschool...
I ran into an old buddy of mine tonight, haven't seen him in a couple years. It was nice. I remember meeting him at Camp, and at the age of 14/15 I was akward, nerdy and really didn't see myself as anyone special. I was never part of the "popular" group, in 7/8 grade was bullied by a couple of girls in my grade and was nicknamed "chest board" by the boys... so on. WHen I started at Camp - I dated Mike. He was cute, actually really cute. I determined he was actually way out of my league. Where I came up with this idea I dunno. :P
Either way... that is how it all started and eventually I developed some of the best friendships ever. I realize now how important they were and actually how much more I do like myself, and that hanging out with an old friend I realize that I don't need to feel insecure, I can talk to anyone and it is nice to meet up with people you can pick up with and feel that not much has changed. :) It's cool.
So that is me tonight. Looking at what was, what is and why I can be proud and confident in my future. It is kindof a relief... :)

No comments: